Jeremy's Weblog

I recently graduated from Harvard Law School. This is my weblog. It tries to be funny. E-mail me if you like it. For an index of what's lurking in the archives, sorted by category, click here.

Tuesday, September 02, 2003

Harvard's career services website contains a fairly long list of questions to be prepared to answer during a law firm interview. The last section on the page is labeled "Odd Balls." Ignoring the fact that I believe "oddball" is actually one word, not two, I thought I'd post four of them that I found especially unnerving to contemplate:

1. My license plate says “TRIAL”. What would yours say?

WRONG ANSWER: "Unemployed."

2. If you won the lottery tomorrow, would you still be in law school?

WRONG ANSWER: "Yes, but I wouldn't be interviewing for a job at this firm."

3. Your resume says you speak French. Let’s conduct this interview in French.

WRONG ANSWER: "Si, senor."

4. If you found out you had 24 hours to live, how would you spend them?

RIGHT ANSWER: "Checking footnotes on a journal article."