Jeremy's Weblog

I recently graduated from Harvard Law School. This is my weblog. It tries to be funny. E-mail me if you like it. For an index of what's lurking in the archives, sorted by category, click here.

Monday, October 06, 2003

Law Students: Too busy with on-campus interviews to e-mail your friends? Try this quick-and-easy on-campus-interview update-your-friends e-mail template. Just fill in the blanks with your choice from the bracketed words.

Hi [Friend]!

Busy with on-campus interviewing, but just wanted to drop you a note to say hello and update you on how things are going. Basically, interviews are going [excellently / dismally / almost suicidally]. By that I mean that I've had [8 / 13 / 76] interviews so far, and received [8 / 1 / zero] callbacks. And my first-choice firm [loved me / kicked me out of the hotel room / shot me in the arm -- hence the difficulty with e-mail the last few days!]. My funniest interview story is [when the interviewer offered me a job right on the spot / when I fell off the chair in the middle of answering a question / when we both realized that I'd been having an affair with this particular partner's wife]. But other than that, things have been pretty much as [predicted / feared / fated by a higher power who hates me]. I expect that I'll end up in [my first choice city / some fine city somewhere / Baghdad] with a [fine offer / decent offer / contract out for my disembodied head]. In the event you don't hear from me for the next few weeks, it probably means I [have so many firms competing over my affections that I have no time to e-mail / finally convinced someone to return my calls / am paralyzed from the neck down]. In any event, send my regards to your whole family, and I hope to hear back from you soon with an update on how things are going.

Regards,
Me