Jeremy's Weblog

I recently graduated from Harvard Law School. This is my weblog. It tries to be funny. E-mail me if you like it. For an index of what's lurking in the archives, sorted by category, click here.

Wednesday, December 03, 2003

Dr. Seuss Goes To Law School

I do not like it, Sam-I-am.
I do not like my law exam.

I would not like them in a class.
I would not like them on the grass.
I do not like my law exam.
I do not like it, Sam-I-am.

I do not like them eight hours long.
I do not like them when my answers are wrong.
I do not like them open book.
I have not liked the ones I took.
I do not like my law exam.
I do not like it, Sam-I-am.

Not essay form.
Not in my dorm.
Not fill in the blank.
Not when they count toward my class rank.
If I could take them weeks from now.
I would not like them anyhow.
I do not like my law exam.
I do not like it, Sam-I-am.

I would not,
could not,
make them fun.

I will not like them
till I'm done.

I'd like it more
if I had none!

I do not like to issue spot.
I do not like to think a lot.
I do not like to cite a case.
I do not like the hurried pace.
Though sometimes it can bring me glee.
That this one asks for policy.
I do not like to learn the law.
Although that is what school is for.

No rules to learn! No code to cite!
I hate the code book, day and night

I would not, could not, in a chair.
I could not, would not, it's not fair.
To have to take them though we pay.
A billion dollars every day.
To have the privilege to be here.
I want to make this very clear.
I do not like my law exam.
I do not like it, Sam-I-am.