Jeremy's Weblog

I recently graduated from Harvard Law School. This is my weblog. It tries to be funny. E-mail me if you like it. For an index of what's lurking in the archives, sorted by category, click here.

Monday, August 12, 2002

As I continue my pre-law-school reading (see comments on "One L" and "Broken Contract" below)... I just finished "Law School Confidential," which bills itself "a complete guide to the law school experience." I'm a little disturbed that it talks about how doing some studying before law school starts -- taking a course or buying some law-related tutoring software -- can be helpful. Because with two weeks left, I'm just about out of time, and I don't know the difference between collateral estoppel and concilium plebis.

(I did buy a dictionary, and those are in fact two terms I have randomly selected to use because they sound complicated and have lots of syllables. And, even though I opened the dictionary to find them, I did not look at the definitions, so it is not an exaggeration in the least for me to say I do not know the difference between them.)