Jeremy's Weblog

I recently graduated from Harvard Law School. This is my weblog. It tries to be funny. E-mail me if you like it. For an index of what's lurking in the archives, sorted by category, click here.

Saturday, August 10, 2002

Okay, it's officially sinking in that I have two weeks until law school. Not that I don't want to go, but new things are always scary. I decided to comparison shop for my textbooks on the Internet, quickly finding that (a) they're all expensive, (b) regardless what site you buy them from. So I think I'll wait and try my luck with used books in the Harvard bookstore. By my rough calculation, retail price of the books for my 4 classes should be about $700. But how can someone feel guilty about buying textbooks -- again, after what tuition costs, everything is cheap, and besides, you have to buy textbooks, there are no options here, it's a necessary cost... but if I can save $10 by buying something used, I'll at least feel like I'm allowed to go see a movie.