Jeremy's Weblog

I recently graduated from Harvard Law School. This is my weblog. It tries to be funny. E-mail me if you like it. For an index of what's lurking in the archives, sorted by category, click here.

Wednesday, September 11, 2002

I need to do laundry. First I need to buy laundry-doing supplies, like detergent. This is going to be a significant barrier to the laundry ever getting done. I'm ashamed to admit that twice in college, when I didn't want to do laundry, I went out and bought a few pairs of socks, just so I could wait a few more days. If I had any clue where to buy socks near here -- that is, cheap socks that don't say Harvard on them, because those I'm sure I could find -- I'd be tempted to do the same. But I think I have 2 more days before laundry really gets desperate, so I think I'll push it off until at least tomorrow and perhaps Friday.

I've gotten into a pre-bedtime routine the last 3 nights where I've been watching a Golden Girls rerun on Lifetime at 11:30. It does old up well to the test of time -- there was a Gary Hart joke last night that I'm not certain I fully got -- but Lifetime really needs to change their slogan. Every time they say "You're watching Lifetime. Television for women." I feel like I shouldn't be watching. Like there couldn't be anything more pathetic than watching this. Even though it's 11:30 at night and it's not like I should be doing anything else. But that slogan completely turns me off. They're alienating half their potential audience. It's really stupid, if you ask me. "You're watching Lifetime. Television for women." Like if I wrote "You're reading my weblog. Reading material for my mom," I'd totally be alienating half my audience. :) So I won't say that. Anymore.