Jeremy's Weblog

I recently graduated from Harvard Law School. This is my weblog. It tries to be funny. E-mail me if you like it. For an index of what's lurking in the archives, sorted by category, click here.

Monday, September 02, 2002

I went on the subway -- I mean the "T" -- for the first time today. Unlike New York subways, it's relatively clean, spacious, and temperature-controlled. Unlike New York subways, no one was spilling food on fellow passengers, selling generic AA batteries, asking me to embrace the Lord, or making a big fuss over people leaning on the doors. Unlike New York subways, the stations were well-lit, equipped with clean benches, and had platforms wide enough to allow even the largest Bostonian to pass without almost falling onto the tracks. Unlike New York subways, the announcer clearly stated what the next stop was, the train did not stop for no apparent reason in the middle of the tunnels, and there was a security guard visible and awake. Like New York subways, I'd still rather walk.