Jeremy's Weblog

I recently graduated from Harvard Law School. This is my weblog. It tries to be funny. E-mail me if you like it. For an index of what's lurking in the archives, sorted by category, click here.

Saturday, September 21, 2002

Idea for an offensive comedy sketch -- male bulimics. Lights up on a men's bathroom. Retching and vomiting noises. One stall opens and this big wrestler dude comes out. Next stall door opens, a football player comes out, wiping his mouth. And so on. I don't why I think this is funny. Maybe just because the mental image of bulimics are these wafer-thin girls forcing themselves to vomit and you don't really think of guys as being bulimic.

Frankly, I don't understand bulimia. Anorexia I kind of understand. I want to be thin, so I'll stop eating. Messed up, but at least there's some logic there. But "I want to be thin, so I'll eat everything I can and then vomit it all up?" Doesn't make sense to me. Why does anyone want to purposely vomit? It's disgusting to vomit when it's not on purpose -- how much more disgusting must it be when you're making yourself do it? I just don't get it.

On the topic of bodily functions, this actually reminds me -- there's a USA Today editorial in yesterday's paper written by Al Neuharth, the Founder (and I think still the publisher) of USA Today.

Click here to read this USA Today article, but don't forget to come back

It's about how he wears adult diapers. Seriously. He says it outright, I'm not just making an inference and leaping to conclusions. I have to wonder why he felt compelled to reveal this in USA Today. Aside from the fact that most USA Today readers are still in children's diapers, I just don't get it. It's too much information. Like finding out someone has lice, or warts, or a yeast infection. I just don't need to know. Especially not about the founder of USA Today. I don't care if he wears adult diapers. And I don't know why he wants to tell the world.