Jeremy's Weblog

I recently graduated from Harvard Law School. This is my weblog. It tries to be funny. E-mail me if you like it. For an index of what's lurking in the archives, sorted by category, click here.

Sunday, September 08, 2002

Overheard someone on his cell phone as I was walking through the law school campus:

"I'm really worried about Munich because I don't think the merger's gone through..."

Well, that sounds quite a bit more important than my last cell phone conversation, "...pepperoni, and a large cheesy bread." (Okay, okay, my last cell phone conversation wasn't really ordering a pizza. I haven't ordered a pizza on my cell phone ever I don't think, but it just sounded like the right punchline there, so I didn't want to let the joke fall by the wayside. I know I shouldn't start inventing anecdotes, but the main part is real, I swear. Okay, it's almost real -- I changed the name of the city so on the off chance this person I don't know has stumbled onto my weblog, I won't have revealed secret merger information that he may get annoyed at. But the rest is all true. Promise.)

I spent part of the day taking my class notes from the past week and separating the wheat from the chaff (is that a real phrase? At first I wanted to say separating the curds from the whey, but I don't know which of those you save and which you toss, so I won't go with that). That was just as much fun as it sounds.