Jeremy's Weblog

I recently graduated from Harvard Law School. This is my weblog. It tries to be funny. E-mail me if you like it. For an index of what's lurking in the archives, sorted by category, click here.

Sunday, October 27, 2002

Game 7 of the World Series! I'm rooting for the Angels... not sure why, but I'd rather they win than the Giants. Maybe it's because if the Mets aren't going to win, I don't want any National League to win (unless of course they're playing the Yankees...). Like the Mets are going to be winning the World Series anytime soon... right... like they have any players under the age of 35....

I joined a fantasy basketball league with some people in my class. I know nothing about basketball. I read six different sets of rankings and tried to combine them together to get a consensus. We drafted yesterday. It's sad that even my first round pick -- Dirk Nowitzki -- I simply had never heard of before yesterday. Stephon Marbury is the only guy on my team I had heard of before. I didn't get Jordan or Pippen or Malone or Stockton or Grant Hill (the 5 players I had actually heard of), but I imagine those are good things, since they must be quite elderly by now.

It'll be fun to see if I can do well at Fantasy Basketball knowing absolutely nothing about what goes on in the NBA... heck, maybe it'll make me into a fan. Or prove to me that fantasy sports success has no relationship to actual knowledge. Which would be a disappointment, since I really do enjoy fantasy baseball.... We'll see....