Jeremy's Weblog

I recently graduated from Harvard Law School. This is my weblog. It tries to be funny. E-mail me if you like it. For an index of what's lurking in the archives, sorted by category, click here.

Tuesday, October 22, 2002

Is there a good way to get rid of junk e-mail? I get about 5 e-mails a day regarding lowering my credit card debt or refinancing a mortgage, and while 5 e-mails a day is not an intolerably large number, it bothers me when I hear the incoming e-mail bell ring and then I'm disappointed. It's a real disappointment too, not just like the mild inconvenience when i swallow mouthwash by accident, or the fitted sheet starts to slide off my mattress in the middle of the night. I don't just want a filter that'll hide the evil e-mail -- because then I'll constantly worry I'm filtering out something real by accident. I want a way to get myself off their lists. But everyone says that if you do waht they say to do to unsubscribe, they just put you on more lists. Does anybody have a solution?