Jeremy's Weblog

I recently graduated from Harvard Law School. This is my weblog. It tries to be funny. E-mail me if you like it. For an index of what's lurking in the archives, sorted by category, click here.

Tuesday, October 01, 2002

Received the following e-mail last night from the residential advisor in my dorm (a 3rd-year student). I think it's kind of funny:

Hello,

I wanted to let you all know that I have had numerous reports from residents that their food is being stolen from the kitchen. Clearly, this is not allowed and is very inconsiderate and disrepectful of the other residents. As a result, I am taking steps to address these issues. I want to remind you that no one is allowed to take, eat, or throw out any other resident's food. At the same time, if you food has been stolen, you are not allowed to post hateful notes in the kitchen. All signs in the kitchen have been posted by the housing office or the dorm Resident Assistants.

In an effort to resolve these problems, I am asking that if you have food in the kitchen, you label it with your name or your initials to rule out the possibility that people are taking food that they mistakenly believe is theirs. Also, if any food of yours has been taken or is taken in the future, please send me an e-mail informing me of what has been stolen. I want to ascertain how bad the situation is and how drastic the solutions need to be.

If you have any questions or concerns, please let me know. Thank you in advance for your assistance.

Your RA.