Jeremy's Weblog

I recently graduated from Harvard Law School. This is my weblog. It tries to be funny. E-mail me if you like it. For an index of what's lurking in the archives, sorted by category, click here.

Monday, October 21, 2002

Searching for random stuff on Lexis-Nexis is a great way to waste time. I uncovered a two-year-old article from Esquire magazine about five 1990 Harvard Law graduates and what they were doing ten years later. Learned that stand-up comic Greg Giraldo (he's had a couple of failed sitcoms too...) has a Harvard Law degree. I'm not sure if there's a lesson there or not. Interesting article though.

Now that the Gilbert and Sullivan shw is over, I feel like I have a lot of free time. It's been over for a day, and already I'm feeling that. Not good. The show was fun, though. I'm glad I did it. I met a bunch of cool people, got to fill in my days for the last few weeks, and most importantly I met the people involved in the law school parody show in the spring -- a student-written musical comedy that makes fun of the law school. First writers meeting on Tuesday. I'll be there with bells on. Actually, I'll be there with sketches and songs in my pocket. Literally. I am more excited about getting involved with that than I am about anything else here. Isn't that disturbing? Doesn't it mean I'm in the wrong place???

I should really be doing my contracts reading right now, but I feel like after having done laundry this afternoon, I've accomplished enough for one day. There was some sort of odd attempted sabotage in the laundry -- there was a fountain pen ink cartridge in one of the dryers. I'm lucky I noticed it before I put my clothes in, or else they would've been ruined. I didn't think much of it at the time, but now I'm wondering how exactly an ink cartridge -- alone, without a pen -- gets into a dryer without there being some sort of bad motive. I'm completely baffled. Because even if it was some sort of intentional bad-ness, the perpetrator wouldn't be around to see the results. So I don't get it.