Jeremy's Weblog

I recently graduated from Harvard Law School. This is my weblog. It tries to be funny. E-mail me if you like it. For an index of what's lurking in the archives, sorted by category, click here.

Wednesday, November 20, 2002

The Daily Show is interviewing some woman who wrote a book called "The Case Against Lawyers." She says we have too many regulations, and so lawyers and legislators control the world because they control the rules that everyone has to follow, by being the only ones who get to make and interpret them. She's saying the Court system is bad because the "making, manipulation, and selective enforcement of laws" is bad. She says lawyers are only after money and power, and they're evil, and they're self-interested. They're one day lobbying and the next day writing our laws, while the rest of us sit on the sidelines.

I say "they" like I'm not going to soon be one of them.