Jeremy's Weblog

I recently graduated from Harvard Law School. This is my weblog. It tries to be funny. E-mail me if you like it. For an index of what's lurking in the archives, sorted by category, click here.

Sunday, November 24, 2002

From ESPN.com:

"The Boston Red Sox are expected to name a new general manager this week, with all signs pointing to the promotion of 28-year-old assistant GM Theo Epstein, ESPN's Peter Gammons reported. ... Epstein will be the youngest GM in baseball history, just ahead of Randy Smith, who was 29 when hired by the Padres in 1993."

When I was a college freshman, I remember noticing that there was a major league baseball player younger than I was. And that pretty much ended any hope of that. Now it looks like I've only got about 5 more years until there's a general manager younger than me too. I guess after that the next set of people to look at will be the owners... and after that, I guess I'll just have to admit it's not gonna happen....