Jeremy's Weblog

I recently graduated from Harvard Law School. This is my weblog. It tries to be funny. E-mail me if you like it. For an index of what's lurking in the archives, sorted by category, click here.

Thursday, November 14, 2002

I should be working on my memo, but instead I'm having "fun with math" -- here's something stupid I just discovered while looking at the course schedule list regarding the electives we can take -- all of the sections have pretty much the same time blocks filled with required classes next semester. Yet on our list of elective choices are a whole bunch of classes that fall into those slots. So the "list of 1L electives" included classes nobody can possibly take. And yet the available slots in those classes are counted in the total number of available elective slots, meaning that instead of 550 students to choose from 1350 total slots for spring courses, it's really only about 1000 slots. Hence they make us choose our top 8 elective choices. Because some people may get choice #8. Ick.