Jeremy's Weblog

I recently graduated from Harvard Law School. This is my weblog. It tries to be funny. E-mail me if you like it. For an index of what's lurking in the archives, sorted by category, click here.

Saturday, November 02, 2002

In Criminal Law, we're switching from learning substantive criminal law to criminal procedure, so we use a new casebook. I had bought a used copy of this casebook at the bookstore, and I remember thinking it wouldn't be a big deal because only a small section of the book is written in. Sure enough, it's the pages we have to read from now until thanksgiving that are marked up.

As I started reading today, I was holding out hope that the former owner's margin notes would be perhaps marginally useful -- but about three-fourths the way down the first page we have to read, after the book says "some regulation of policing is essential to a free society," in the margin, this person wrote "regulation good because otherwise people crazy."

Yes, clearly this will be very useful... oh well.