Jeremy's Weblog

I recently graduated from Harvard Law School. This is my weblog. It tries to be funny. E-mail me if you like it. For an index of what's lurking in the archives, sorted by category, click here.

Thursday, November 28, 2002

The World's Second Worst Cover Letter:

December 1, 2002

Harry's Corporate Law Firm and Taco Shack
123 Madison Avenue
New York, NY 10036

Dear Harry:

I'm a first-year law student at Harvard Law School -- and an avid consumer of Mexican food -- seeking a summer internship at either your law firm or taco shack. In fact, my top preference would be to split the summer -- 5 weeks at the law firm, and 5 weeks at the taco shack. My favorite kind of law is corporate litigation, and my favorite taco filling is spicy chicken with a green tomatillo salsa. I have significant experience doing legal research, writing memos, and re-frying beans. In fact, I'm a member of Harvard's Corporate Law Journal, and I eat at Anna's Taqueria at least twice a week. I am a skilled negotiator, analyst, and vegetable chopper -- and have experience with Lexis-Nexis, Westlaw, and both whole wheat and corn tortillas.

I'll be in New York over Christmas, interviewing at law firms and taco emporiums throughout the city. I would love to come in for an interview, armed with a resume and an apron. I will call you next week to follow up.