Jeremy's Weblog

I recently graduated from Harvard Law School. This is my weblog. It tries to be funny. E-mail me if you like it. For an index of what's lurking in the archives, sorted by category, click here.

Saturday, December 07, 2002

Yesterday I went to a job fair the office of career services was holding -- 30 law firms and the ACLU were there, some trying to actually solicit first-years to give them resumes for a summer position, and some just trying to make their names known so we like them better next year, when they're actually looking to hire us for the summer.

Like simply seeing them at a job fair a year ago is going to make me more likely to take a summer position at Mayer, Brown, Rowe & Maw. I remember their name only because they gave out a pen. Anyway, I got there pretty late, but I was still able to collect a bunch of free toys.

One firm was giving out Bon Jovi CDs. I'm confused as to why. Perhaps the remnants of a promotion from, oh, I don't know, 15 years ago, were discovered in a warehouse?

I missed the stress balls -- they were all gone by the time I got there. Does it say something when a law firm gives out stress balls? Are they admitting their job causes stress? Or just that they got a good deal from the local stress-ball supplier.