Jeremy's Weblog

I recently graduated from Harvard Law School. This is my weblog. It tries to be funny. E-mail me if you like it. For an index of what's lurking in the archives, sorted by category, click here.

Sunday, January 12, 2003

Five (serious) tips for taking law school exams. (I'm writing them down mostly so I can go back and read them tomorrow while I'm taking my Civil Procedure exam...)

1. Relax. Breathe. Eight hours is a long time. You don't need to rush.
2. The answers are there somewhere. Everything they're testing on is based on something you've learned. There are issues hidden in the question somewhere. All you need to do is find them.
3. Thoughts, not conclusions. Don't dismiss things because they're obvious or tangential. Mention them. Think about them. Deal with them.
4. Puzzle it out. The easy answer may not be the right answer. How is this the same as some cases you've seen? How is it different? What's the crux of the issue?
5. Relax. Breathe. Eight hours is a long time. You don't need to rush.