Jeremy's Weblog

I recently graduated from Harvard Law School. This is my weblog. It tries to be funny. E-mail me if you like it. For an index of what's lurking in the archives, sorted by category, click here.

Friday, January 24, 2003

For the umpteenth time in as many weeks (that would be umpteen weeks, but who's counting?), Harvard's e-mail server has done something weird, prompting them to (in their infinite wisdom) send us an e-mail saying e-mail isn't working. Apparently, for some people, their entire set of mail stored on the server was deleted. For others, mail that they sent never arrived at its destination. Apparently for me, neither have those have occurred -- and, in fact, I received the e-mail saying e-mail was down, so I'm not really sure what it all means. And the one e-mail of reasonable importance I sent yesterday (regarding a summer job opportunity) got responded to, so I knw it made it to where it was going.

A haiku about e-mail servers going down:

I am lost e-mail
I did not get where I'm sent
No one will read me