Jeremy's Weblog

I recently graduated from Harvard Law School. This is my weblog. It tries to be funny. E-mail me if you like it. For an index of what's lurking in the archives, sorted by category, click here.

Saturday, January 11, 2003

Mnemonic Devices for my Civil Procedure exam on Monday:

Rule: The four prerequisites for claim preclusion: Final judgment (F), on the Merits (M), same Claim (C), same Parties (P).
Mnemonic: FMCP. File Motions in Civil Procedure.

Rule: The three-part test for supplemental jurisdiction: same Transaction or occurrence (T), Allowed in section 1367 (A), court's Discretion (D).
Mnemonic: TAD. Tests Are Dastardly.

Rule: The discovery devices: Depositions (D), Interrogatories (I), Production of documents (P), physical and mental Examinations (E), requests for Admission (A).
Mnemonic: DIPEA. Did I Pray Enough Already?

Rule: The Rule 12(b) motions: lack of Subject matter jurisdiction (S), lack of Personal jurisdiction (P), Venue (V), insufficiency of Process (P), insufficiency of Service (S), failure to state a Claim (C), failure to join a Party (P).
Mnemonic: SPVPSCP. Some People, Very Productive Studiers, Can Pass