Jeremy's Weblog

I recently graduated from Harvard Law School. This is my weblog. It tries to be funny. E-mail me if you like it. For an index of what's lurking in the archives, sorted by category, click here.

Saturday, February 01, 2003

I'm going to use the excuse of the space shuttle exploding as a reason not to try and write anything funny today. I can remember being in second grade and watching the Challenger explosion on a TV in the school auditorium. They had gathered everyone together to watch the first teacher go up into space... and after they realized something had gone horribly wrong, they quickly got us back into our classrooms and we watched the newscasts with our teachers. It's awful when stuff like this happens. I was watching ABC News earlier and Peter Jennings made a comment to a guy from NASA, something along the lines of "the one good thing that might come of this is that more attention will be given to the space program." And the NASA guy said, "this really isn't the kind of attention we want." No kidding.