Jeremy's Weblog

I recently graduated from Harvard Law School. This is my weblog. It tries to be funny. E-mail me if you like it. For an index of what's lurking in the archives, sorted by category, click here.

Tuesday, February 18, 2003

One class cancelled due to the snow, but one went on as planned.

Quick story: I was going to the bathroom before class, and as I was walking in, a professor was on his way out, and there was another student on his way in right behind me. I heard the following exchange:

STUDENT: Oh! Professor!
PROFESSOR: Yes?
STUDENT: I'm so sorry I missed your class yesterday.
PROFESSOR: Well, it was a very good class.
STUDENT: Yes, I'm sure it was.
PROFESSOR: And I hope you have a good excuse.
STUDENT: Uh...
PROFESSOR: I'll see you there tomorrow.
STUDENT: Uh... yes. Yes. See you tomorrow.

I thought it was funny.

In international environmental law class today, the professor made a comment that I think would make a great slogan for the country Jordan. "Jordan: Surviving entirely due to aid." Yes, that'll get the tourists coming.