Jeremy's Weblog

I recently graduated from Harvard Law School. This is my weblog. It tries to be funny. E-mail me if you like it. For an index of what's lurking in the archives, sorted by category, click here.

Saturday, February 08, 2003

Passage taken directly from my International Environmental Law casebook, part of an excerpt from Ambassador Tommy Koh's reflections on a United Nations environmental summit:

"At 4:00 am, after eight hours in the chair, I was desperate to go to the toilet. I also sensed that there was a lot of tension in the room. I announced that we would recess the meeting for five minutes in order to enable me to make a discharge of a non-toxic waste. I promised to do it in an environmentally safe and sound manner. The delegates broke into laughter and the meeting resumed in a better mood."

File that under too much information...