Jeremy's Weblog

I recently graduated from Harvard Law School. This is my weblog. It tries to be funny. E-mail me if you like it. For an index of what's lurking in the archives, sorted by category, click here.

Thursday, February 20, 2003

Sequel to yesterday's song. Here's a parody of "Hold My Hand" by Hootie and the Blowfish.

See me sit up front, see me lift my chair up high
See me start to twitch and tremor
See the glimmer in my eye
See me sort of smirk, just a little, hardly there
The professor turns around
And my hand is in the air

Oh, I got a hand for you
A hand in the air for you

Yesterday, I had not read the case
But I have thoughts, so you should listen
Or just keep staring into space
This class is mine, all mine and nothing more
Let me step up onto my soapbox
Captive students, hear me roar

'Cause I got a hand for you
A hand in the air for you

Raise my hand, I just have to raise my hand
Raise my hand, I'll tell you what I think
About everything
Raise my hand, everything you ought to hear
Because I will be talking
The most that, the most that I can

See, I was quiet, but I was in denial
About how much I had to offer
And how my words are so worthwhile
I raised my hand, and then I screamed aloud
And all the eyes were focused on me
I felt big and smart and proud

Now I got a hand for you
A hand always up for you

Raise my hand, I just have to raise my hand
Raise my hand, hearing me talk makes me feel grand
Raise my hand, maybe I can't get an A but
I want to raise it, the most that...
The most that I can