Jeremy's Weblog

I recently graduated from Harvard Law School. This is my weblog. It tries to be funny. E-mail me if you like it. For an index of what's lurking in the archives, sorted by category, click here.

Sunday, February 02, 2003

Ten pages of optical illusions to look at in my packet reading for the First Year Lawyering workshop. Weird. I think the point is to make us see that legal arguments -- like optical illusions -- can be framed in different ways, and that our job as lawyers is to fraem our legal issue in the way most favorable to our side. So the judge sees the young lady instead of the old woman.

Actually, if the justification we get us in class tomorrow makes even half as much sense as that, I'd be surprised. Instead, I'm expecting to hear something like, "yeah, we had you look at optical illusions because we want you to see that sometimes things aren't clear. Like the law. Yeah. That's it. See you next week."