Jeremy's Weblog

I recently graduated from Harvard Law School. This is my weblog. It tries to be funny. E-mail me if you like it. For an index of what's lurking in the archives, sorted by category, click here.

Wednesday, February 12, 2003

Two Minutes in the Class of the World's Most Ineffective Professor

PROFESSOR
Okay, for today you all read chapter, uh, three, uh, chapter four. It's on page 194. Who can tell me what the third word on the fourth line is? Anyone? Anyone? Anyone? Anyone? Anyone? How about you?

THE UNLUCKY CHOSEN STUDENT
I didn't bring my book to class with me. It's heavy.

PROFESSOR
Anyone else? Anyone else? Anyone else? Okay, I'll tell you. It's "the." My third, uh, second question. What is the ninth word on the fourteenth line? Anyone? Anyone? Anyone? No one knows this? No one? No one? Who can help me out with this? Anyone? Anyone? Anyone? Okay, I'll tell you. It's "it." Very important. Very. Important. I realized when I got home yesterday that I forgot to ask one of the questions I had prepared for yesterday's chapter. Page 104. What is the eighth word on the second line? Anyone? Anyone? Anyone? You couldn't have already forgotten yesterday's chapter, could you? Anyone? Anyone? How about you? Do you have any ideas?

ANOTHER UNLUCKY STUDENT
No, I'm sorry. I have a cold.

PROFESSOR
Oh. A cold. Okay. Anyone? Anyone? Anyone? The answer is "how." How. Very important. Very. Important. But back to today's chapter. Question three. What is the seventh word on the twenty-second line? Anyone? Anyone? Anyone?...