Jeremy's Weblog

I recently graduated from Harvard Law School. This is my weblog. It tries to be funny. E-mail me if you like it. For an index of what's lurking in the archives, sorted by category, click here.

Monday, February 24, 2003

Went to an information session for people who might be interested in helping to teach the First Year Lawyering program next year... it's an organization called the Board of Student Advisors. The meeting wasn't funny enough to give me anything funny to write. Unfortunately. In other news, the show I'm in opens next week. From the e-mail I sent to my section:

Some questions and answers about what the Parody is and why you should come see it.

"What's the parody?"
It's a musical poking fun at law school life, some professors, and some students.

"Did you say students?"
Yeah. Quite a few students, in fact.

"Really?"
Yeah. And some not so gently either. That makes it funnier. Like, for example, imagine if there was a girl in our section with a tropical disease, and her name was, I don't know, Mallory Smith. And imagine pro basketball player Yao Ming was in our section too. There might be a scene that looks kind of like this, but funnier:

YAO-IS-HE-TALL MING: Hi there, MALARIA SMITH. How's your tropical disease coming along?

MALARIA SMITH: My arm just fell off. Oops. What's it like with your head in the clouds, YAO-IS-HE-TALL MING?

YAO: A little lonely sometimes.

MALARIA: That's too bad. By the way, my disease is contagious.

YAO: Oh. I think I want a vaccine.

MALARIA: That sounds like a song title.

YAO: Yes, it does.

[MALARIA and YAO begin to sing a song, to the tune of the Backstreet Boys' "I Want It That Way"]

"I Want a Vaccine"

You are, infected
Your arm, not connected
Your skin, a bit green
I want a vaccine

And so on... you get the drift.

"Am I being parodied?"
You'll have to come see the show to find out. I signed a confidentiality agreement (because, of course, this is law school...), so I can't tell you. But hopefully I am not violating anything by saying that at least one student in our section and at least one of our professors is being parodied.

"Is the show funny?"
Yeah.

"How long is it?"
Let's just say you'll get your money's worth.

"Oh."
No, what I mean is that it's funny.

"Can I buy tickets directly from you?"
Sort of. You can come to the Hark during one of the times when I will be serving my mandatory ticket selling duty.

"Is this e-mail going to end soon? You're wasting my time and it's not even that funny."
Sorry. I'm done now.