Jeremy's Weblog

I recently graduated from Harvard Law School. This is my weblog. It tries to be funny. E-mail me if you like it. For an index of what's lurking in the archives, sorted by category, click here.

Monday, April 28, 2003

Waddling Thunder responds to my response to his response to my post about LSAT prep courses being a waste of time and money. I think we agree completely. Only quibble I've got with his latest post is the last line, and it's more a quibble with my original post than with his post -- his post makes it seem like I think people who are scoring below 160 should in fact take a course. I really don't. Practice tests (real questions! not fake test-prep-company-written ones!) are the way to go. If you don't have the willpower to take some LSAT practice tests without an underpaid prep-course instructor forcing you too, is law school really the place for you? And, just to clarify, I never actually taught a prep-course. I did the training but it was too late in the cycle for me to teach a whole course before law school started last fall... but it was still interesting to go through the process and see the materials they use and strategies they teach.