Jeremy's Weblog

I recently graduated from Harvard Law School. This is my weblog. It tries to be funny. E-mail me if you like it. For an index of what's lurking in the archives, sorted by category, click here.

Tuesday, April 15, 2003

Waddling Thunder, who, by the way, has just revealed himself to be a Harvard student, breaking his anonymity regarding which school he was at (I kept his secret well, didn't I? Kind of figured it out when everything he was experiencing seemed to happen at his school the same exact day as it happened to me.), posted Monday about the meeting for prospective applicants to the Law Review (the Law Review has a week-long competition after school ends in the spring, and the results of that, combined with our grades and a dash a magic fairy dust, determines who gets to spend the bulk of their remaining law school hours in the library looking up footnotes). Apparently the competition requires an average of 9-10 hours a day of work. From what I hear, sounds kind of like what being on Law Review requires. Talking to one of my friends on law review -- I must be a truly valued friend; he actually left the library to eat a meal with me; I'm kidding of course; Sort of -- he said I probably wouldn't have to drop all of my other activities to do law review. Just most of them. Nothing about law review sounds fun except the part about putting it on your resume. And for people who strive to be Supreme Court justices -- or Supreme Court clerks, I guess, or Harvard professors -- it truly is valuable, and probably worth it. For the rest of us, I don't know. I think the Harvard Law School name may be enough, without Law Review there too. My resume will survive... I hope...