Jeremy's Weblog

I recently graduated from Harvard Law School. This is my weblog. It tries to be funny. E-mail me if you like it. For an index of what's lurking in the archives, sorted by category, click here.

Tuesday, June 17, 2003

About six months ago, I saw a segment on 60 Minutes about the peaceful Buddhist kingdom of Bhutan. It made it sound pretty much like a paradise, actually, and then at the end talked about how it was beginning to modernize and had recently introduced television into the country for the first time.

This article, about what television seems to have done to their society, is very sad, and more than a little bit disturbing. Much more interesting than the typical newspaper article. Highly recommended. I'd love to hear feedback on what other people think of it -- I thought it was a truly affecting story.