Jeremy's Weblog

I recently graduated from Harvard Law School. This is my weblog. It tries to be funny. E-mail me if you like it. For an index of what's lurking in the archives, sorted by category, click here.

Monday, June 02, 2003

Regarding the rare law students who go on to take public interest jobs instead of working at firms... To the tune of "Friends in Low Places" by Garth Brooks

"Friends with Low Paychecks"

Blame it all on the heart
They just ain't that smart
To go on and work for a firm
They have higher dreams
Naive as it seems
There's stuff besides money to burn

Spent fall in a suit
Got offered the loot
But just couldn't make themselves sign
Like no lawyer should
They want to do good
But now they drink water instead of the wine

Oh, I've got friends with low paychecks
With a cardboard home
And a pile of cases
That need appeals
No fancy meals
One firm hour's their whole day-checks
Just for fun they write themselves giant play-checks
Oh, I've got friends with low paychecks