Jeremy's Weblog

I recently graduated from Harvard Law School. This is my weblog. It tries to be funny. E-mail me if you like it. For an index of what's lurking in the archives, sorted by category, click here.

Friday, June 20, 2003

Some things you'll rarely hear in law school:

"And then the two sides just agreed to disagree"
"I don't really have an opinion on that"
"Exams? We have exams?"
"Nah, I don't really feel like we had enough reading this weekend"
"You're right -- I'm a complete idiot"
"Judges? Completely infallible"
"It's great the way all of these legal rules are applied so consistently"
"I hear the Court just got rid of a 3-prong test and replaced it with a much simpler 2-prong test"
"I've got this great visiting professor"
"My casebook is so clear and easy to read"
"Could I borrow your copy of the optional additional reading materials the professor said he wouldn't hold us responsible for on the exam?"
"I think I'm just gonna wing it on the final"
"I know you're having a tough time with the material -- but I bet if you came and sat in on a couple of our study group sessions, it would clear things up. We'd be happy to have you join us even though you won't really be equipped to contribute anything just yet."
"I love the cafeteria food"
"I wish the professors were less prepared for class, less accessible, and seemed a lot more preoccupied with other stuff that was going on in their lives"
"My fellow students? I'm probably the dumbest one here"
"I got a C in that class"
"This is so much better than lying on the beach"
"You mean the lawyer wasn't telling the truth?"
"You mean there are arguments on *both* sides?"
"I've never heard of Judge Posner"
"I think I'm gonna try and get a job with the government after I graduate"
"Law review is fun"
"You only got ten hours of sleep last night?"
"I have scurvy"