Jeremy's Weblog

I recently graduated from Harvard Law School. This is my weblog. It tries to be funny. E-mail me if you like it. For an index of what's lurking in the archives, sorted by category, click here.

Sunday, July 20, 2003

"Mesothelioma" (to the tune of Smokey Robinson's "I Second That Emotion")

Maybe you live inside a building old
And some of the walls are teeming full of mold
Maybe some tiles are falling down in chunks
Releasing asbestos fibers -- right into your lungs

Chorus:
Oh plaintiff now, get thee to a lawyer quick
And learn how to start looking sick
Oh, if you feel like being rich
I've got a name to show ya
Oh, mesothelioma
Oh, if you feel like giving me
A great big fat contingency
Oh, mesothelioma

Maybe you want to open up your heart
To let asbestos fibers in to start
Maybe you think that you can't play this game
That you don't want a disease with such a scary long name

Chorus

Maybe you want to help me buy a plane
Maybe you want one more disease to feign
Maybe you want a join this class action suit
And share in all the corporation's easily-won loot

Chorus

Well, if you feel like giving me
A great big fat contingent fee...
Oh, mesothelioma