Jeremy's Weblog

I recently graduated from Harvard Law School. This is my weblog. It tries to be funny. E-mail me if you like it. For an index of what's lurking in the archives, sorted by category, click here.

Monday, August 11, 2003

A COLLECTION OF ADVICE FOR INCOMING 1LS

Okay, this is going to be a work in progress here. I'm going to gather a bunch of the advice I've given about the beginning of law school (nothing on final exams, summer jobs, or any of that stuff is catalogued here -- just stuff useful when you start) on my weblog into one list, so law students who start school this month don't necessarily have to go wading through the archives (although I'd be delighted if you would go wading through the archives, I really would). Here goes:

Some questions from 1Ls-to-be about law school stuff, and my responses

Lots more 1L Q&A

Advice on raising your hand in class and balancing school and life

Advice about getting useless advice from 2Ls and 3Ls

Stuff I wished someone had told me before starting school

Sarcastic orientation tips

Classifying the types of classmates you'll find

Mocking the assortment of journals you can join

What the Socratic Method is like

Study groups

Outlines and note-taking

On assigned seating

And, finally, when you think it's just not worth it, Ramblings on why I like law school, Keeping it in perspective, and My favorite song parody I wrote all year