Jeremy's Weblog

I recently graduated from Harvard Law School. This is my weblog. It tries to be funny. E-mail me if you like it. For an index of what's lurking in the archives, sorted by category, click here.

Saturday, August 30, 2003

I bought a small refrigerator for my dorm last year, and stored it at school over the summer. This year I'm in an apartment that comes with a real fridge, so I don't need my dorm one. So I put up a sign saying it's for sale. And tried really hard to be funny, but the best I could come up two days ago when I posted the sign was "I'll even help you push it down the hall." Which isn't really that funny. I then posted a message on a message board about it. And tried harder to be funny. And the best I could come up with was "refrigerator was one year old yesterday (happy birthday)," which manages to simultaneously be unfunny and make me sound like a moron. Now, if I were to have to re-post another sign (which I don't, because someone bought the fridge, despite the sign's lack of funny), it might read something like this:

Single, White Dorm Refrigerator Seeking New Home

Housebroken; hardly ever leaks on the rug
Not lactose intolerant; stores dairy just fine
Drug/disease free
Mostly enjoys just sitting at home
Likes: baking soda, electricity, and ice trays
Dislikes: arrogance, poor hygiene, and pickles
Unable to have children

(Which, of course, would still not be funny, but would at least demonstrate some effort)