Jeremy's Weblog

I recently graduated from Harvard Law School. This is my weblog. It tries to be funny. E-mail me if you like it. For an index of what's lurking in the archives, sorted by category, click here.

Thursday, August 07, 2003

I meant to wait until tomorrow to post this, but I just couldn't wait.

Exactly one year ago tomorrow, I decided it would be cool to start a weblog about life as a law student. Mostly to force me to write something every day, even if it was something stupid. And also because I thought it'd be nice to be able to look back at the end of however long I'd keep the weblog going and have a collection of my thoughts, observations, and random attempts at humor. As the counter started to rise a bit, I realized it was also pretty cool that I could use the weblog to share my experiences with other law students, people thinking about law school, people who once went to law school a long time ago, or people with nothing better to do than read about someone in law school, and that I could maybe provide some advice or at least a way for them to know that someone else finds this funny too, and that they're not all alone in the scary law school unknown. Hopefully, I've amused and entertained a bit over the past year, and maybe even made law school, or the idea of law school, a little less scary for a few people. From my end, writing this has been extraordinarily rewarding -- it's gotten me writing something each day and given me an outlet for the random thoughts that pop into my head so that they don't just disappear into the ether, and it's introduced me to a whole bunch of awesome people I've had the opportunity to exchange e-mails with or meet, a few of whom I'd certainly count as friends.

If you're reading, thanks for reading. I'm just humbled that there's an audience out there, whatever the size, that's interested in what I've got to say. I do appreciate it, and hope I've done enough to deserve your readership. Tell me what else I can do to make this better for you. Or don't, and just keep reading. Either way.

And happy one-year weblog anniversary to me. It's been fun so far. And hopefully will continue to be for at least a little while longer. I look forward to typing a similar message again next year.

Thanks.