Jeremy's Weblog

I recently graduated from Harvard Law School. This is my weblog. It tries to be funny. E-mail me if you like it. For an index of what's lurking in the archives, sorted by category, click here.

Friday, August 08, 2003

I went to a restaurant called "Potbelly Sandwich Works" this evening. The sandwiches on their menu: Turkey Breast, Italian, Vegetarian, Pizza, Smoked Ham, Tuna Salad, Chicken Salad, Meatball, Roast Beef, and Peanut Butter & Jelly. Things you can add to "any sandwich" for 50 cents -- extra mushrooms, extra cheese, extra ounce of meat, or extra marinara sauce. I wonder: how many people have ever ordered any of those things on a peanut butter and jelly sandwich. :) An extra ounce of meat! Ha! (This kept me amused for way too long... much to the non-amusement of my friend I was eating with...)

Also, random fact of the day: the average 30-second commercial spot costs $343,000 to produce. That's a lot of money!