Jeremy's Weblog

I recently graduated from Harvard Law School. This is my weblog. It tries to be funny. E-mail me if you like it. For an index of what's lurking in the archives, sorted by category, click here.

Friday, August 29, 2003

"My second thirty minutes back on campus: an even more excruciatingly detailed description"

I'm kidding. I won't put you through that.

Leafing through our first Adviser of the year. The Adviser is a weekly newsletter we get with administrative announcements, student organization meeting news, research assistant job postings from professors, etc. Basically all of the really useful things we need to know.

And the not so useful.

1. "For the first month of publication, the names of student organizations and HLS buildings are spelled out. Initials will be used beginning with the first issue in October." Uh, HLS, I'm looking at you here.

1A. "The Adviser is available online... viewable with Adobe Acrobat Reader (available free from the ITS software site...)" Uh, ITS, I'm looking at you here.

1B. "Please watch for... the HIV pamphlet." Uh, HIV, I'm looking at you here.

2. "Attention, All Student Organization Leaders. Please check the mailroom for any mail or packages you may have there.... Some of this mail may contain valuable information for you and your organization." Oh, is that what mail might contain? Thanks.

3. Regarding one class: "For our first meeting... there is no assigned reading."

4. Another class: "Class will meet... in a room TBA."

5. "Study materials or personal belongings should not be left unattended [in the library]... Library materials will be reshelved." I don't know why that seems funny to me. I guess it's not. I'm just wondering what else they would possibly think of doing with unattended library materials besides reshelving them, and if reshelving them is really such a harsh penalty for leaving them unattended.

I thought this would be funnier that it is. Oops.