Jeremy's Weblog

I recently graduated from Harvard Law School. This is my weblog. It tries to be funny. E-mail me if you like it. For an index of what's lurking in the archives, sorted by category, click here.

Friday, August 01, 2003

This is stupid, and I fear I sound unfortunately whiny, but I just want to respond to something Waddling Thunder just posted, regarding his weblog's anonymity:

"As I think Jeremy once noted, if someone is going to hold a blog against you, then you don't really want any contact with that person."

Uh, I don't know about that. And I don't think I said that.

What I do think -- and this is probably what Waddling Thunder means -- is that if a potential employer were to read this, and decide -- perfectly legitimately! -- that he didn't want to hire me, that's totally fair, and it probably just indicates it's not the right job for me. And I'm totally fine with that.

The reason I'm not anonymous is because I don't write anything I'm uncomfortable having my name attached to, and because I do write some stuff I'm actually pretty pleased to have written. I want credit for the good stuff, and, frankly, I'd be delighted if every potential employer read everything I've written here. I think regular readers have probably gotten a decent sense of who I am, and I think I'm not a bad guy, and this probably does a better job of selling me than I do in an interview.

This is one of the posts for which I wish had a comments link. But if you have got comments, I'd love to hear 'em...