Jeremy's Weblog

I recently graduated from Harvard Law School. This is my weblog. It tries to be funny. E-mail me if you like it. For an index of what's lurking in the archives, sorted by category, click here.

Monday, September 01, 2003

How the other half lives: I've found myself talking to some people on Law Review a couple of times over the last few days. Most of what they've said's been relatively as expected... it's a lot of work, but obviously the rewards are good; the people are pretty nice in general; you get used to the work; etc. The one surprising piece I've heard:

Apparently, there's a defined set of computers on which changes to articles can be entered -- so they have assigned "type-ins" where people sit at these computers and enter these changes. And, apparently, there are enough changes to enter that people need to be assigned to these computers 24 hours a day. So there are people with shifts like 1AM-4AM, or the like. Crazy, ain't it?

Another thing I've heard re: law review -- law firms apparently like to hire these people. And you wonder why. :)