Jeremy's Weblog

I recently graduated from Harvard Law School. This is my weblog. It tries to be funny. E-mail me if you like it. For an index of what's lurking in the archives, sorted by category, click here.

Friday, September 05, 2003

I have no problem when professors do stuff like assigning "pages 1-4, 9-12, 176-183(top), 188-189(except note 2), 641(middle)-652, 891(note 4)" for a class, even though it's kind of a pain to keep turning pages and remembering where to stop and start. But at least it shows they have some goal in mind and something they want to accomplish beyond how the casebook authors thought it should be taught. What I don't understand is why that stuff happens *even when the professor wrote the casebook.* If this is how the professor thinks it's taught best, why is the casebook all out of order?