Jeremy's Weblog

I recently graduated from Harvard Law School. This is my weblog. It tries to be funny. E-mail me if you like it. For an index of what's lurking in the archives, sorted by category, click here.

Tuesday, September 09, 2003

I was in the law school cafeteria getting something to eat, and the guy serving the food made polite small talk:

HIM: How's your day going?
ME: Pretty good. How about you.

[Okay, just polite stuff. Figured he'd say "good," give me my food, and I could be on my way.]

HIM: Not so good. Stomach hurts a bit.
ME: Hope not from the food.

[I gestured to the food he was serving me. I thought I was being pretty clever there.]

HIM: Yeah, maybe.

[What??]

HIM: You know how the chef has to taste everything he cooks. Sometimes when it's not quite cooked. I think maybe that happened.

[What??]

HIM: So, yeah, my stomach's bothering me a bit. Here's your food.

[What??]

He should watch out. This is law school, after all. If I get sick from the food, that conversation alone is probably enough for a decent settlement.

Wow.