Jeremy's Weblog

I recently graduated from Harvard Law School. This is my weblog. It tries to be funny. E-mail me if you like it. For an index of what's lurking in the archives, sorted by category, click here.

Thursday, September 11, 2003

This week's Adviser, the newsletter we get to tell us all of the administrative stuff we may or may not need to know -- what the exam deferment policy is, which professors need research assistants, and how to obtain a telemarketing position in the law school's fundraising office, for example this week -- has the following listing:

6:45 PM PON Film Series

I have yet to figure out what PON can possibly mean. I need a glossary.

Moving on to some self-indulgent links:

My latest column from the Sept. 11th Harvard Law Record, about casebooks, interviews, and Warren Christopher. Last week's column from the Record's career guide, which I posted the text of last week, but not the link, about the job search and dress socks. And an article I wrote in last week's Career Guide about students who stayed in Boston for the summer, Boston: Why Leave?

And some non-self-indulgent links:

One of my classmates has a really interesting column in this week's paper about his summer in Africa.

My awesome bankruptcy professor has a new book out called "The Two Income Trap: Why Middle Class Mothers and Fathers are Going Broke." It's a wonderful book, and I'll have a review of it up at some point soon (just read it yesterday), and you can listen to her talking about it on NPR, or you can watch a video of her talking about it on the CBS Early Show (where there's also an excerpt). You could also buy the book, if you're so inclined.