Jeremy's Weblog

I recently graduated from Harvard Law School. This is my weblog. It tries to be funny. E-mail me if you like it. For an index of what's lurking in the archives, sorted by category, click here.

Sunday, October 05, 2003

I answer all of my interview questions with sentences beginning with consecutive letters of the alphabet, and when I get to Z, I can speak no more.

"Hi. Nice to meet you."

A lovely room, sir.
Bed, desk, chairs, it's very nice.

"Yes, thanks. Please take a seat."

Chair, yes.
Don't mind if I do.

"So, how are you liking law school?"

Excellent.
Failed no classes.
Gorgeous campus.
Having a lot of fun.

"Just some administrative stuff first. Corporate, litigation, what type of law are you looking at?"

I think litigation.
Just litigation.

"Anything more specific than that?"

Kids.
Litigation involving children.
Monkeys or children.
Not adults.

"That might be difficult given our client base. We deal mostly with corporations."

Only corporations?

"Well, no. But mostly."

Perhaps I can learn to like working with corporations.

"Excellent. Do you have a transcript I can take a look at?"

Quite definitely.
Right here in my folder.
Says how I did in my classes.

"Yes, most of them do."

Take it from me.

"Okay. Thanks. So how are the interviews going so far."

Under the circumstances, quite nicely.

"What circumstances?"

Very constrained in the answers I can give.

"What do you mean?"

Well, I guess you haven't noticed.

"You do seem to be speaking in short, clipped sentences that each start with gradually successive letters of the alphabet. I did well on the LSAT. I have good reasoning skills like that."

Xactly.

"That's cheating."

You won't tell, will you?

"Maybe. You have to run now, don't you?"

Zipping along, indeed.

"Thanks for taking the time."

--end--