Jeremy's Weblog

I recently graduated from Harvard Law School. This is my weblog. It tries to be funny. E-mail me if you like it. For an index of what's lurking in the archives, sorted by category, click here.

Sunday, October 05, 2003

I answer all of my interview questions in the form of haiku.

"Hi. Nice to meet you."

Nice to meet you too.
I think your firm is awesome.
May I take a seat?

"Yes, please do. So how are you liking law school?"

I like it a lot.
My classes are pretty good.
My casebooks are long.

"Oh, I remember long casebooks."

Since you were my age,
The books have gotten longer.
And the streets are paved.

"Yes, yes, back in my day we rode on horseback to class."

Horses are pretty.
I did not like Seabuiscuit.
Mister Ed is fine.

"So what classes are you taking this semester?"

Constitutional
Law, that is. Con Law. (U.S.)
Plus two more classes.

"Yes, what are those two?"

Administrative
Law, that is. And Evidence.
Did you take that class?

"Yes, yes, I did. So, do you see yourself more as a corporate lawyer, or a litigator."

Not litigation.
Maybe corporate law though.
Four syllables each.

"What's the difference how many syllables?"

Oh, no reason, sir.
It's just an observation.
Please don't write that down.

"Do you have a copy of your transcript I can look at?"

Sure, I have it here.
Please ignore the middle grade.
It was a mistake.

"Oh, okay. Any questions I can answer for you?"

No. I think I'm good.
Should I go to the door now?
Someone is knocking.

--end--