Jeremy's Weblog

I recently graduated from Harvard Law School. This is my weblog. It tries to be funny. E-mail me if you like it. For an index of what's lurking in the archives, sorted by category, click here.

Thursday, October 16, 2003

Patrick Lewis over at Ex Parte, the HLS Federalist Society weblog, writes, of a post of mine from a couple of weeks ago:

"Jeremy Blachman wonders why HLS GOP sponsored the law school blood drive. Since we know it isn't possible for Republicans to believe in good will toward men or charitable activities, the reason must be that Republicans are blood sucking vampires."

Re-reading my post, I admit it wasn't clear what exactly I was implying -- but really the observation I wanted to make was why *any* political-minded organization -- right, left, or whatever direction anyone else is -- would be sponsoring the Blood Drive. Like if the Environmental Law Society sponsored a conference on diversity. It's not a *bad* thing of course; it just doesn't seem to have a heck of a lot to do with what they do. But I suppose it could have been read in a bad way, so I've got no problem with the comment -- just thought I'd clarify.