Jeremy's Weblog

I recently graduated from Harvard Law School. This is my weblog. It tries to be funny. E-mail me if you like it. For an index of what's lurking in the archives, sorted by category, click here.

Sunday, November 30, 2003

An acrostic poem

I think I used to like to learn
New
Things.
Even boring new things.
Law school is different.
Law is different.
Each
Case
Tells us something.
Usually something contradictory to the case before.
Alternate ways of seeing things.
Law is like that.

Cases are like that.
Underlying the whole set of them
Rarely seems some unifying theme.
It's a set of rules, and exceptions
Or no rules at all.
Simply exceptions.
I can learn all this stuff, and I pretty much have to, for the exam. But
This time around, I'm just not all that into it.
Yet. I'm sure I will be. Tomorrow perhaps.