Jeremy's Weblog

I recently graduated from Harvard Law School. This is my weblog. It tries to be funny. E-mail me if you like it. For an index of what's lurking in the archives, sorted by category, click here.

Saturday, November 29, 2003

A slideshow of mock campaign posters by top graphic designers assigned a candidate at random, in the NY Times Magazine this week. I thought the one for Edwards wasn't bad, and I liked the Carol Moseley Braun one, but the rest didn't really impress me.

It's interesting to think about. Reagan had an effective line in 1980 (or so the history books say), asking "Are you better off than you were four years ago?" when no one was. Actually the "four years ago" line would probably have a decent amount of resonance this time around, except that it's not really Bush's fault we got attacked by terrorists (I suppose maybe it is, but I'm not nearly informed enough to even think I could debate either side of that one). But I don't know that I've heard anything from any of the candidates this time around that does that, that really strikes a chord and says "this is what the race is about." It'll be interesting to see if any of them can find that sound bite and pull away from the pack.